1. Abstracts may only be submitted via the website. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
2. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK English spelling and have your abstract
proofread for grammar and understanding.
3. Abstracts may not be longer than 2’500 characters including spaces (excluding title and authors)
4. Tables or graphs can be included in the abstract. Images should be submitted in JPG/BMP format, maximum
width 9cm, and resolution up to 150dpi. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
ISHEN restricts the number of graphs to 1 (one) per abstract submitted.
5. Abstracts should contain only original material not published elsewhere prior.
6. All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: Ataxia telangiectasia (AT),
before being used as an abbreviation only. Do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
7. Applicants for Young Investigator bursaries should be under the age of 35 at the time of the meeting, and still in training.
8. Applicants over the age of 35 may still apply, but the will need to provide an explanation as to why they should be considered
(e.g. career break etc) in a cover letter.
9. The number of bursaries are limited and will be awarded on the merit of the applicants abstracts.
10. Bursaries will only be awarded to applicants with accepted abstracts in which the YI is the first author.
11. A letter from the applicants’ head of department is required to confirm the training status of the YI.
12. The bursary will cover the full meeting attendance and accommodation costs.
13. All documents must be submitted electronically.